Cabin AF? - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cabin AF?

Hi all. Has anyone replaced their Cabin Air Filter? And what brand did you use?

My 13 GS has just over 13k miles. Haven't changed it yet. Normally I use Purolator brand. But I read some Issues. Concerning Fitment. When I get a chance I'll check mine. I know where it is. And how to access. I have done them on my Fathers previous cars. Including Colbalt, 10 Elantra Touring. And checked his current 12 Limited sedan.

Thanks all

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 09:05 AM

Garage
I just did my wifes 2010 and bought the hyundai one from the dealership. It only set me back about $15.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. If I am not mistaken, The 13 Elantra is different than yours. Don't know the price.

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 07:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elantramax View Post
Thanks. If I am not mistaken, The 13 Elantra is different than yours. Don't know the price.
Yes, the 13 is different, I havn't had to change mine yet though, I'm only at 1500 miles so far. I would say if there is a dealer close to you just check with them first. Their prices may suprise you. also, dont be afraid to negotiate with their price. The price they tell you may have as much as a 300% mark up (thats not an exageration. I sell parts for a living). Generally they will sell to shops at only a 20% mark up so there is plenty of room to play with on their prices.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 07:40 AM

Garage
here is the OEM part number 087902H000A list price on it is $20.16 if they try to charge you more than that you can talk them down or tell them another dealer quoted you a lower price and see of they will match it.

Also after checking into it I found the 2010 and 2013 have the same part number and are in the same location. I Would have never guessed that.

Last edited by BKohs; 01-11-2014 at 07:43 AM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

I asked the Dealer where I purchased the car for a price once. On the Remote Starter. List price $350. Labor (For them to install) was $110 Hr. The shop quoted me somewhere around $700 Total. I bought it on Ebay for $315. Free Ship. No Tax. Did it myself in a couple hours.

I like the Purolator filters. I've used them(Cabin AF) before in my Escape. But I read somebody had problems with the size. Saying it was too big. And had to be squeezed in. Then again, Half the Reviews I read (Over the years) were referring to other things. Not what was posted to.

BKohs, Thanks for the Part Number. I did sell parts at one time. For AA Parts. Their prices are usually higher. Its on Sale for just under $16 for the Purolator.

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 01:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elantramax View Post
I asked the Dealer where I purchased the car for a price once. On the Remote Starter. List price $350. Labor (For them to install) was $110 Hr. The shop quoted me somewhere around $700 Total. I bought it on Ebay for $315. Free Ship. No Tax. Did it myself in a couple hours.

I like the Purolator filters. I've used them(Cabin AF) before in my Escape. But I read somebody had problems with the size. Saying it was too big. And had to be squeezed in. Then again, Half the Reviews I read (Over the years) were referring to other things. Not what was posted to.

BKohs, Thanks for the Part Number. I did sell parts at one time. For AA Parts. Their prices are usually higher. Its on Sale for just under $16 for the Purolator.
It wont hurt to try the purolator. If anything you can just return it and only be out the time to run to the store. Worst case, your out the $16 and you know better for the future. hope it fite with no issues. let us know the outcome.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Just heard back from dealer. He wants to charge me $29.38 + Tax. Total of $31.44. I replied asking what the List Price is? Since that amount is kinda high.

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Advance Lied. That $15.71 price was Online Only. Plus Ship or pickup at a store. Which most didn't stock. Actually cost me a little over $19 with Tax.

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

The Purolator is a Plain Paper Filter. Does Not have the Charcoal filter. Which is mostly for odors.

Took mine out. Wasn't bad. I could still see day light through it. I may keep the replacement.

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page