Elantra and Hyundai take home prizes in Strategic Visions Total Value Awards - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Elantra and Hyundai take home prizes in Strategic Visions Total Value Awards

For the first time in the study's 18 year history, the Hyundai Motor Company ranked first in the automotive industry in Strategic Vision's annual Total Value Awards. Hyundai models won four different categories too - the Sonata, Genesis Coupe, Elantra and Equus.

The Sonata tied for the top spot in the midsize car category with the Ford Fusion, the Genesis Coupe won in the premium coupe category, Elantra received high scores among small cars (tied with the Ford Fiesta Sedan and the Chevrolet Cruze,) and the Equus won the luxury car segment with the highest score of any vehicle in any segment (804.)

The study aims to measure the quality of the buyer's complete ownership experience and adds the customer's assessment of economic consequences from two perspectives: Immediate - or what is influential today, and Expected - what they believe the costs that emerge over time will be.

You can see the full list of winners through this link --> http://www.strategicvision.com/press_release.php?pr=48
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 11:51 AM

They deserve this, i've seen an award like this coming their way for a while now. The new sedan's they unveiled give way more power to this too, its these things that make you wonder what is next for Hyundai.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 01:18 PM

Hyundai doesn't have the best reputation for reliability, so this surprises me a bit. Their cars are reasonably priced, but i factor reliability into the total value of a vehicle. Do you guys agree with Hyundai taking home the top prize in this survey?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:54 AM

Hyundai has come a very long way in the past decade. They deserve this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:37 AM

well the survey is a little funny, when you include expected future costs the longest warranty will win every time. Not to mention KIA/Hyundai retail slightly cheaper than Fords/GMs or Hondas so naturally immediate cost would be lower as well.

This might as well been an award for the cheapest price out there, not total value. Value and price are irrelevant to each other. I could buy a belt for 99 cents to hold up my pants, but having my pants held up is much more valuable to me than 99 cents... See how subjective value is...

A vehicle is transportation, how much do you value your transportation? Does a $15,000 KIA offer the same transportation value as a $150,000 Mercedes? well depends on who is driving doesn't it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Joe View Post
Hyundai doesn't have the best reputation for reliability, so this surprises me a bit. Their cars are reasonably priced, but i factor reliability into the total value of a vehicle. Do you guys agree with Hyundai taking home the top prize in this survey?
That and they had some bad recalls in the past, too many of them, but things are getting better.
I agree with the survey.
They deserve this.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 08:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraFan View Post
That and they had some bad recalls in the past, too many of them, but things are getting better.
I agree with the survey.
They deserve this.
Every manufacturer has had recalls. I work for VW and we have new recalls come out almost monthly. Some of them are quite bad. I think they deseve this award. The other thing you have to remember is this is only based on the initial ownership. Most people wont own these cars past their 10 year 100k waranty so the only costs they ever need to consider are fuel and maintenance which is much cheaper than any higher end car. It was only $40 for a full synthetic oil change and tire rotation on my wife's 2010 Elantra. Here at VW it's at least $60 for one of the cheaper Jettas for just an oil change. I've seen some over $100 for a small sevice. As far as value goes My Elantra has been the best of any car I've had so far. It gets me from point a to point b with no problems, has more features than my GTI did and gets better MPG's. Yes it's much slower and isn't as much fun to drive, but it's still a great value and a comfortable ride.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 09:24 AM

No doubt. All new cars have problems. As cars become more complicated there are more chances for things to fail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page