Elantra Coupe MPG/Gas Mileage Thread - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation Elantra Coupe MPG/Gas Mileage Thread

How's the gas mileage in your Elantra Coupe?
Are you getting MPG numbers close to the EPA Estimates (see official numbers below)?
Whats your driving style like? Do you drive like a granny or like Michael Schumacher.
Is your Elantra Coupe Manual or Automatic?

Please be as detailed as possible if you can to help others get a better idea of how your getting the MPG numbers you are. Shoot away!


EPA Mileage Estimates*/Fuel Capacity Features

Elantra Coupe GS:
6-speed manual (city / highway / combined): 29 / 40 / 33
6-speed automatic (city / highway / combined): 28 / 39 / 32
Fuel tank capacity (gal.): 13.8

Elantra Coupe SE
6-speed manual (city / highway / combined): 29 / 40 / 33
6-speed automatic (city / highway / combined): 28 / 39 / 32
Fuel tank capacity (gal.): 13.8
E-Coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I heard people complain about that 40MPG rating even reports on it being "false"

Has anyone actually got 40MPG?
fastestelantra is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestelantra View Post
I heard people complain about that 40MPG rating even reports on it being "false"

Has anyone actually got 40MPG?
no one i know
apparently people can't even get 30 mpg while hyundai claims 40mpg.

i'd like to hear some real world mpgs from members on here



ElantraFan is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently purchased a coupe SE 6 speed manual and with my daily commute (city & hwy mixed) I am getting between 30 - 33 mpg. I did a 45min straight hwy trip doing about 70 mph and got 37.8 mpg. I think if I drove 55 with my windows up I would have hit 40mpg easily!

So I would have to say Hyundai's mpg claim is on the money!
matrix058 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did 75 yesterday for about 35 miles and got 35 on the dot according to the AVG on the trip computer. I'm a little skeptical. I'm going to do my own calculations, but I haven't had the car long enough to fill it up yet! Ha!
crownr0yal is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
I did 75 yesterday for about 35 miles and got 35 on the dot according to the AVG on the trip computer. I'm a little skeptical. I'm going to do my own calculations, but I haven't had the car long enough to fill it up yet! Ha!
it sounds just about right. some people report MPG around the same as you, even the member that posted above you reports something close.

but either way do your own calculations, i'd like to see how that works out vs the trip computer.
E-Coupe is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Coupe View Post
it sounds just about right. some people report MPG around the same as you, even the member that posted above you reports something close.

but either way do your own calculations, i'd like to see how that works out vs the trip computer.
UPDATE: Filled up, drove in mixed conditions (74 HWY, some city driving 6 miles back and forth to work, about 160 miles total) and my final calculation was 29.64 in mixed driving, with ECO on, and definitely feathering the gas, minus the times where I had to merge. I'm going to go for it again. One last time! Expect another update soon!
crownr0yal is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
UPDATE: Filled up, drove in mixed conditions (74 HWY, some city driving 6 miles back and forth to work, about 160 miles total) and my final calculation was 29.64 in mixed driving, with ECO on, and definitely feathering the gas, minus the times where I had to merge. I'm going to go for it again. One last time! Expect another update soon!
i must say i was expecting better



ElantraFan is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraFan View Post
i must say i was expecting better
You have no idea how disappointed I was. However, I went to DC this weekend and strictly highway, I got 39, but once I drove around the city and drove back home, the average was 34.5, which is still very respectable. I just downloaded an app so I can start logging my ODO each time I fill up and all that. I am excited to see the results after a couple months.
crownr0yal is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
You have no idea how disappointed I was. However, I went to DC this weekend and strictly highway, I got 39, but once I drove around the city and drove back home, the average was 34.5, which is still very respectable. I just downloaded an app so I can start logging my ODO each time I fill up and all that. I am excited to see the results after a couple months.
considering that MPG is 29 city and 40 highway, your city MPG at 34.5 is GOOD, same goes for your highway MPG, up to part with the rating.

seems like the more you drive it the better MPG you get, I guess better mpg's come as the engine breaks in.

maybe you can create your own MPG thread to log and compare your mileage here?
hyundaipwr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome