Need Help Bad! Misfirehv - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need Help Bad! Misfirehv

I have a 2003 Hyundai Elantra. Its has a cylinder 2 misfire an then the computer is showing a oxygen sensor slow response. 2 months ago I had mutiple misfires. I changed plugs still missfireing. So I changed all 4 fuel injectors. There was no noticeable misfire but the computer still read cylinder 2 misfire I didnt think anything of it because I couldn't tell it was misfiring. So I figured it was a code stuck on the computer. Now 2 months later its back to misfiring like it was 2 months ago. Iv checked the plugs and wires. I swapped injectors around to see if that was it.still misfiring on the same cylinder. I sprayed dw40 all around the intake manifold gasket. No rev in the motor so leak. Im trying to do whatever diagnostics I can at home. Im low on money at the moment. Any advice can help thank. Also oil has been changed every 3000 miled im a firm believer in that.plus when it first started misfiring 2 months ago if I turned the ac on the performance of the car dropped like acceleration an stuff. After I fixed the misfiring 2 months ago it still did it. Idk why its doing that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakek1992 View Post
Now 2 months later its back to misfiring like it was 2 months ago. Iv checked the plugs and wires.
You seldom can identify a bad plug wire....or coil....with a visual inspection or simple test.

BUT those things would be just another wild guess and the wild guesses might end up being more expensive in the long run than a diagnostic visit at an independent shop.

If you run it too long with a real mis-fire, that is one that you can detect in the performance, it can damage the CAT converter and those are rather expensive.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 06:42 AM

I think at this point you need to bring it in to someone

Most good mechanics will diagnose your car for free.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 06:50 PM

Did you check the Compression on Cylinder 2?? You can get one from the Loan a Tool at the auto parts store.

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey

Last edited by Elantramax; 12-31-2013 at 06:53 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 03:28 PM

i wonder if the ring is fried which in turn is prematurely killing the plug?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
You seldom can identify a bad plug wire....or coil....with a visual inspection or simple test.

BUT those things would be just another wild guess and the wild guesses might end up being more expensive in the long run than a diagnostic visit at an independent shop.

If you run it too long with a real mis-fire, that is one that you can detect in the performance, it can damage the CAT converter and those are rather expensive.
If there is a Hyundai code reader, it would be easy to identify the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page