Any NC Coupe owners? - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy Any NC Coupe owners?

I probably should have posted here before I posted anywhere else ... oh well! Hello to all my fellow Hyundai owners! I never ever in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years thought I would own a Hyundai, but here I am! My aunt had an Accent in the late 90s that required the fire department ... long story.

ANYWAY! I now own THIS!

Car Ownership

8/12/04 - 8/15/04: 1993 Acura Legend (AMAZING car, but blew a head gasket after 3 days ... I had never known such heartbreak at 17)

8/15/04 - 10/4/07: 1997 Honda Accord SE Coupe (It was San Marino Red and too low. I kept ripping off the front bumper. Stolen & Recovered TWICE.)

10/4/07 - 8/18/12: 2007 Scion tC (My first new car. When I traded it, she had 138,129 miles on her. Do the math!)

8/18/12 - 9/13/12: 2012 Toyota Corolla S (Camry and another tC were out of my budget, but it was time to replace the tC. I settled. )

But then, in the weirdest turn of events ever, the Corolla got stolen in the middle of the night, apparently by this guy http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=8826037

SO, after a month of hemming and hawing and arguing with insurance and being called a criminal, I finally settled on my Elantra Coupe. When I was shopping back in August, I had decided that the Elantra was out of my price range. But when I came back almost two months later, the same Elantra that I test drove was sitting tucked away with a SOLD sign w/ my name on it that was printed 8/16/12. It was FATE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 PM

Awesome intro thread! Can't even say welcome to the forum, you have a good amount of posts on this forum lol.

Just like yourself, years ago I could never see myself in a Hyundai, now I can't decide which one I want. Debating between the Elantra and a used Sonata.

Quite surprised you from a luxury sedan to a entry level economy sedan and now the Elantra Coupe. A lot of people I know that own luxurious cars cannot switch to anything else.

Sucks to have your car stolen, that what happens when you buy Toyota or Honda
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdftw View Post
Quite surprised you from a luxury sedan to a entry level economy sedan and now the Elantra Coupe. A lot of people I know that own luxurious cars cannot switch to anything else.
LOL. I got it in 04 so it was QUITE used. I think it had over 120k miles. It was nice, but I definitely could not then and can not now (not YET) afford something that nice that was any newer.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 AM

Nice list of cars. What made you want to buy a Hyundai over anything from Honda, Toyota, etc?

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraFan View Post
Nice list of cars. What made you want to buy a Hyundai over anything from Honda, Toyota, etc?
Attractive financing plus the list of features. When I was shopping for the 2nd time, my list was the 2013 tC, a 2010 TSX (I decided I wanted new), and the Elantra. tC doesn't offer heated leather, plus some of the creature comforts have been removed in the newer one to keep the costs down.

Plus, the warranty is awesome!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
Attractive financing plus the list of features. When I was shopping for the 2nd time, my list was the 2013 tC, a 2010 TSX (I decided I wanted new), and the Elantra. tC doesn't offer heated leather, plus some of the creature comforts have been removed in the newer one to keep the costs down.

Plus, the warranty is awesome!
TSX's are nice but I'm surprised you didn't mention the Sonata as it is the only sedan Hyundai has that comes close to it. I actually had the chance to drive a 2010 TSX 3.5 V6 and loved how it accelerated and handled going through turns, feels nothing like the previous TSX!

Have you had a chance to test drive any of the cars you mentioned?

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraFan View Post
TSX's are nice but I'm surprised you didn't mention the Sonata as it is the only sedan Hyundai has that comes close to it. I actually had the chance to drive a 2010 TSX 3.5 V6 and loved how it accelerated and handled going through turns, feels nothing like the previous TSX!

Have you had a chance to test drive any of the cars you mentioned?
Spent a week with the tC and a few days with the TSX, now own the Elantra. The Sonata, once I added the options I wanted, was out of my price range. The TSX was nice, but it was used and had too many doors! Too much behind me haha. The tC was awesome, but was missing things that I could not add, so I had to rule it out.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
Spent a week with the tC and a few days with the TSX, now own the Elantra. The Sonata, once I added the options I wanted, was out of my price range. The TSX was nice, but it was used and had too many doors! Too much behind me haha. The tC was awesome, but was missing things that I could not add, so I had to rule it out.
It's a good thing you got to drive them, sometimes all it takes for someone to buy a car is getting behind the wheel. I came VERY close to buying a TSX but decided to opt out.

I like the TC but wish it was RWD, thankfully theres the FR-S to do that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page