User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
2014 Elantra SE New owner

Hi all, well the car is a great ride and was the manual transmission I was looking for, but the salesperson only showed me this model stating it was the only one on the lot. I asked for the Elantra GT with the manual transmission and was told none were there. I found out myself driving to the "remote" lot where all the extras are kept due to overstock there WAS a manual GT there. was annoyed with this as well as the 2 incentives I was offered to come in that also were deemed wayside and ignored when I brought them up. ($25 Visa gift card and $100 referral bonus) I have plans to go back and discuss this situation with the general manager as I am displeased with the lack of assistance for the sale and lack of care on the salesperson side at St Augustine Hyundai dealership.
One of two options can happen on their part ... follow through with what was desired and offered or my old car back and will go to the Mitsubishi dealership like was told in first place. Like I said car is a great ride but was not what I wanted it was what I was told I had to buy even though what I wanted WAS on the lot. Cars = great ... sales = WTF!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Garage
So, you're upset that you bought a car you didn't want? You do realize you are not obligated to buy a car when you go to a dealership right? I'm not trying to be a d***, but I'm failing to see how this is the dealership's problem. The problem you are going to have is you signed the contract. Unless the dealer has a satisfaction guarantee where you can bring the car back within a certain amount of time, you're stuck. The dealer is most likely going to tell you the same thing. No matter what happens you're going to have to expect to pay something out of pocket (if it's a lease) or take a hit to your credit for a voluntary repossession (if you financed to own). I really hope it all works out for you, but I dont see this going well for you.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Didn't buy a car I did not want, I am happy with it. Just upset was lied to about inventory that was available on the model I asked for. Why would a dealer do that? I moved up from a Dodge intrepid so extremely happy about that move even though since I could drive I had been a die hard mopar fanatic until this last straw broke the camels back so to speak. My mom has the same model as mine Elantra, but the Limited model and that's sweeeet too. I was just mostly upset I asked for the Elantra GT in 6 speed manual and was told they did not have one. was in a bind and needed a car so took the sedan since it was basically the same save the hatch cargo space. usually a dealer WANTS you to buy a more expensive model ... what struck me odd. Plan to keep and drive this until the wheels fall off or I trade in for a newer model (hopefully GT then) in a few years.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:32 AM

Garage
Sorry, I assumed when you said "[the car] was not what you wanted" or when you said "One of two options can happen on their part ... follow through with what was desired and offered or my old car back and will go to the Mitsubishi dealership like was told in first place" meant you didn't want the car. Anyways, all jacka**ness aside, you might get lucky if you go to the dealership and talk to the manager, but dont get your hopes up. There are a few explanations as to why they told you they didn't have any GT's none of them are acceptable, but reasons (excuses) none the less. They may not have had them checked into thier inventory yet. they still should have gone and checked either what was supposed to be coming in and the ETA or physically go check the overflow lot. There may have been a push to sell off the sedans and maybe incentives for the sales people. again not an excuse to lie, but definately could have been a reason to. as far as selling you the most expensive car, dealers really dont care what you buy when its new. They only make $100-$200 off each new car they sell. The top money makers for a dealership are 1. parts/service, 2. the finance department, 3. Used cars, 4. new cars. As for cargo space though, i think you actually get a little more in the sedan (not sure if the rear seats fold down or not) I know i can fit more in the trunk my wife's 2010 than I can behind my rear seats in my 2013 GT. I can put the baby stroller long ways from front to back in her trunk, but if i try that in mine it hangs out past the bumper. The sedan is also longer than the GT. They aren't actually the same car. The GT is based on the I30 from over seas. so the wheel base and everything is different. The only parts the sedan and GT actually share are the headlights, some suspension parts, drivetrain (not 100% sure on this one), and engine. I know you're not happy with the situation, but you may end up liking the sedan more than the GT. really the only thing the GT has on the sedan are the looks and thats completely oppinion based because there are plenty of people that will argue that point with me. I just wish I would have waited a few months so i could have the bigger engine cause this thing could use the extra 30 or so HP.

Last edited by BKohs; 03-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, its a few days past Thanksgiving and .... I am sitting in a 2013 Elantra GT now. Cool story behind this was, went for oil change in the sedan and asked about refinancing it to lower my payments. Well, the salesperson I dealt with in the purchased said ... We can help with that, please come this way. Took me outside to the used side and showed me the GT sitting pretty that just came in 3 days earlier. He grinned and said he was about to call me and see if I still wanted a GT. I was shocked, this thing is as sweet as it can get! Well he did the paperwork, we haggled for a bit and I drove off with everything I was looking for, a lower payment and the GT I wanted last Feb. I will say this dealership went above and beyond expectations here as I was paying GMAC out the nose for a base model sedan and now cut my payments almost in half on a loaded GT and no longer through GMAC as well which is a bonus! I know being a 2013 I have the same engine as the sedan, the 1.8 as opposed to the 2.0 in the 2014 but I'm perfectly happy as it sits. Even has the panoramic sunroof so that blew my mind. I plan to drive this one till the tires fall off or internal combustion is obsolete for roads. Now I just need to learn to use the Bluelink stuff, I don't have the GPS radio setup its the basic one so no backup cam either but was told bluelink works just fine without it too. More to come as I plan to do a little here and there to it and make it shine a long time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9313980800x620.jpg (77.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 9313981848x620.jpg (74.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 9313982667x620.jpg (27.9 KB, 4 views)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 1.8 6 speed manual Atlantic Blue
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 07:56 AM

Garage
Pleased to hear you have an Elantra that you wanted. Pics are great. We had to wait for our Coupes ('13 + '14) because the local dealers didn't have any spec'd the way we wanted them (white, tech package, grey interior). The 2013 we waited 3 months, the 2014 about a week or 2. Definitely worth the wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page