User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Howdy Y'all

To start off my name is Damian Lindsey, from College Station Texas

I drive a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, GLS. currently i have hit a deer going 30 and have been backed into...

I have owned a 98 3.8L supercharged V6 Buick Riviera which I totaled going 60 when somebody decided to take a left turn from the middle lane in a suburban totaling my car, totally crunched the front end, got popped in the face by the airbags walked away with a concussion and the guy driving away leaving me stranded on the side of the road.

Also I owned a 03 7.3L F250 super duty short wheelbase, I totaled this by getting on the highway when it was raining, spun out 4 times and slammed backwards into the concrete barrier completely crushing the bed and twisting the frame. Luckily I walked away from that one as well, the doctor said if I hadn't been working out the way I was my back should have snapped in half and i should have died.

I am from a small town in East Texas, moved to the big city when I was young and now I am in College Station. I am about to turn 20 on march 29th, getting my associates in Processed Technology to become a plant operator and waiting tables at Red Lobster. I love the country, its where my heart is and always will be. I absolutely love anything to do with the out doors, Huntin, fishin, hikin, campin.. whatever takes me away from the god forsaken city.

I want to do stuff to my car, I just don't know where to start. I have a lifetime warranty so I cannot modify the engine at all or the exhaust which sucks! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions!

I'm happy to have found this form and am excited to meet everyone

-Gig em' Aggies! Class of 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
First off welcome and sorry to hear about the bad luck with vehicles so far. Seems like you should start looking into armor plating as a mod. Maybe do a dooms day theme.... lol... but seriously, there really isn't all that much that won’t void some part of your warranty. If you lower it, you'll void anything with the suspension. You can generally get away with modding the exhaust as it won’t really effect too much, but it all depends on the dealership. You could do a cold air intake and just keep your factory parts to swap out if you need to take the car in. it only takes about 15 minutes or so after you do it a couple times. New wheels are an option, but then they won’t help you if the tire light comes on. It’s going to come down to you deciding what part of the warranty you can live without. The only thing you can be sure wont void anything is going to be light cosmetic work (even body kits can void a warranty if the dealership wants to be d-bags). Take for example my car. It’s a lease so I really can’t do anything to it so I did lots of PlastiDip work and will be tinting my windows. I might lower the car and put a CAI on it, but I will have to change everything back before I turn it in. a few friends of mine work at the dealership I go to so they won’t report anything when I come in for service, but they can’t help the fact that it has to be stock when I turn it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page