User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Elantra owner from Lehigh Valley, PA

Hi All,

My name is Rob. Last night I ordered a 2014 Elantra Sport, Grey, 6 speed manual. This is my first brand new car. I'm happy with the decision to go with the Elantra sport, now I just have to be patient and wait for the dealer to get it in.

I look forward to browsing the forums and learning more about this car and talking to other Elantra owners!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Garage
welcome. cant wait to see what you think of the sport.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 09:01 AM

welcome to the forum
what did you own before?
any pictures of your new ride.
keep us posted on any modifications you do to it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately I dont have the car yet. The dealer is having a hard time locating one for me. All the paperwork is done, I just have to wait for the car to arrive.

I had a dodge ram before. The 12 MPG I was getting contributed to trading it in. My wife has a 2013 Sonata and we love it.

As soon as the car arrives Ill post some pics
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 AM

How long have you been waiting for them to locate an Elantra? How did you spec out your Elantra?
Would you ever consider getting a truck again in the future? I heard the new Ram 1500 will have a diesel engine option.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 09:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey14sport View Post
Unfortunately I dont have the car yet. The dealer is having a hard time locating one for me. All the paperwork is done, I just have to wait for the car to arrive.

I had a dodge ram before. The 12 MPG I was getting contributed to trading it in. My wife has a 2013 Sonata and we love it.

As soon as the car arrives Ill post some pics
Have them check Rick Case Hyundai in Weston FL. I was just there a couple days ago and I believe they had a few of them on the lot.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

I would definitely consider a truck again. My wife trains horses for a living and has one of her own so we wanted a truck for that plus my family has a camper. For now we will need to borrow a truck when we need it but eventually I'd like to get another one. Probably an older chevy.

The Elantra is a base sport model, Titanium Gray Metallic, Black interior, and 6 speed manual transmission. The transmission and black interior is whats holding them up. The dealer said they found on in Iowa but dont want to ship it so they are ordering it from Hyundai. They say 4-6 weeks until I have it. I am okay with that, though, because the weather should start getting nicer around that time so I can beat up the truck in the snow and road salt and have the Hyundai for cleaner/nicer conditions.

Oh and in regard to mods... I have always been a heavy modder. My car is my hobby. This one, though, Im not sure if I will do anything to it. Probably just LED upgrades for interior lights. I did see a cool cup holder LED mod from accentgloLED that I may consider. Also I will most likely install a sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page