New Prospective Buyer - Metro Detroit MI - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Prospective Buyer - Metro Detroit MI

Hello! I joined this forum because I'm seriously considering a new 2019 Hyundai Elantra Limited w/ Ultimate Package. The lease on my current car (2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia) is up and I decided I don't want such an expensive car for the time being. I'm 25 from the Metro Detroit area and I am a software developer.

I test drove one yesterday and loved it. MSRP of 26,960, sale price of 24,469 with a 1,950 rebate gets my final price to 22,519. With taxes, title, registration, etc my OTD price is 24,496.52. Is this a good deal? The dealership is adding wheel locks for $129, documentation fee of $220, and "other fees" of $138 which the salesman said is for the title and registration. These are all included in the OTD price listed above. I've never bought a car from a dealership so I want to be sure I'm not getting shafted in this deal. (All previous cars are corporate leases I just ordered them through a system, so I never had to deal with car salesmen before)

Why did I pick a Hyundai Elantra?

Well as much as I love my Alfa Romeo, it's an expensive car and I know maintenance down the line will get costly, and I decided I just want a reliable and comfortable car with cheap cost of ownership. I cross-shopped the Kia Forte, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, and Mazda 3, but the Elantra had all the features I'm looking for (mostly Android Auto and heated seats) for the lowest price. The 100k/10 year warranty gives me peace of mind that Hyundai really believes in their product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page