Took delivery of a Elantra Limited two days ago - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile Took delivery of a Elantra Limited two days ago

I am new to this forum. On Wednesday I took delivery of a harbor Gray Limited with Tech package. The interior color is gray and it has the auto dimming mirror, first aid kit and floor mats. I am very impressed with the build quality and of course the styling. I am coming from a 2008 Toyota Prius so I am giving up a few MPG but the fun factor is way more in the Elantra. This is my first car with nav and I am having fun with it and all the nice feature of the Limited.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences. The have done many months of research on the Elantra and so far I am impressed. BTW the new car smell is amazing. I could sit in it all day and breath in that new car aroma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM

Congrats and welcome RoyM!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 02:03 PM

welcome to the forum, im surprised you gave up your prius for the Elantra, I find a lot of Prius owners are very loyal to the Toyota brand and really love their Prius.

how much more are you spending weekly on gas for your Elantra over the Prius?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Coupe View Post
welcome to the forum, im surprised you gave up your prius for the Elantra, I find a lot of Prius owners are very loyal to the Toyota brand and really love their Prius.

how much more are you spending weekly on gas for your Elantra over the Prius?
My family and my wife's family has been very loyal to Toyota. I have owned a Toyota Solara S, a Corolla S, and my current car the Rav4 Sport. By parents had a Sienna, Highlander, and a Camery. Wife's family have a Solara, Corolla, and a Highlander currently. With that said, they haven't really been any more reliable than other cars I have owned / operated. The build quality is really nothing to note over other brands anymore either. Honestly, for me Toyota is starting to fall behind and they have gotten very boring as a brand. They don't spark any excitement from me anymore. Bland cars, with bland engines. I think Toyota and Honda are getting dangerously close to falling victim to the same thing that happened to the American manufacturers in the 80s and 90s. The 2002 Elantra GT I owned for 5 years ran excellently. The interior build quality wasn't quite up to par with Honda and Toyota yet, so there were some creaks and such that came about after I put the car through a lot of use. But nothing that effected the car's ability to operate. The leather held up perfectly, as well as the rest of the car. Only thing that sucked was the black trim that encircled the bodywork. Got wax on it and could never get it off.

I guess my point is that the cost of Honda and Toyota for what you get is placing a wedge between Toyota and its loyal customer base. My father took his highlander in for trade and the toyota dealer would not budge on the price after the promo rebates. And they wanted a lot for their new Highlander. He went to Ford and got a superiorly equipped car that is bigger with little negotiation. Ford said yes, Toyota said no. Bottom line for dad was the cost, poor equipment, and refusal to negotiate wasn't worth any brand loyalties. And i agree with him.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

I live in a very small town and most trips are less than a mile so I really don't drive many miles. For business use the trips are longer but overall because of the low mileage the gas used is minimal. Last month I put only 200 miles on the car.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

I trully loved the Prius and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another. As a matter of fact I was looking at the Prius plug in. That type of car would be perfect for the type of driving that I do.
The Elantra Limited has an appeal I found compelling. The car is very relaible, fun to drive and it is beautiful to boot. A nice change. Time will tell but I wouldn't be suprised to find another Toyota in the garage but meanwhile I am going to enjoy the Elantra.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyM View Post
I trully loved the Prius and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another. As a matter of fact I was looking at the Prius plug in. That type of car would be perfect for the type of driving that I do.
The Elantra Limited has an appeal I found compelling. The car is very relaible, fun to drive and it is beautiful to boot. A nice change. Time will tell but I wouldn't be suprised to find another Toyota in the garage but meanwhile I am going to enjoy the Elantra.
and best of all it's still running on gasoline. truth is, these days we're better off buying fuel efficient gasoline vehicles rather than hybrids and other "green" vehicles.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 07:39 PM

Welcome to the Elantra forum

Rj in Arizona
2014 Forte Ex sedan
Silver over Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page