Listen to an external audio device thru my car audio system? - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy Listen to an external audio device thru my car audio system?

Hello Folks. I just purchased a new - BASIC - 2019 Elantra SE. I love the car, but was shocked to see that CD players are no longer installed in cars. I am 76 years old, and HAVE to have my Dean Martin CD in while I cruise chicks. I bought a $70 portable CD player that works fine, but it only comes with ear plugs, which are illegal in Maryland. My owners manual says that it is possible to listen to the device thru my car's audio system, but doesn't say HOW TO DO IT ! I don't have bluetooth or any newfangled hardware or software. IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN LISTED TO MY PORTABLE CD PLAYER THRU MY CAR'S SPEAKER SYSTEM? (I don't want to do any hard-wiring that may mess up my back-up screen.)

Thanks in advance,

GAB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:45 PM

First thing i would do is call the salesman. Ask him if there is an auxiliary port for an external device.. look at the storage hole right underneath the radio. See if there is a usb port and a small hole marked aux. It will look like a headphone jack but marked aux. If it does buy a double male end headphone cable. Set the radio on aux. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:16 PM

Not sure what you're cubby hole in front of the gear shifter looks like. In the picture i uploaded on the right of the hole, lighter/power port, usb and aux port. Click attachment for photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg received_324698815087003_1561515358236.jpeg (106.5 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page