Elantra Sedan Winter Tires? - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Elantra Sedan Winter Tires?

What winter tires will you be using this winter on your Hyundai Elantra?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 PM

I always used Blizzaks by Bridgestone, probably one of the best bang for your buck winter tire on the market.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Great tire for winter

I agree with the Bridgestone Blizzak WS 70. They are great and I have ysed them on many different vehicles.

Look at the Michlen ICE. They are getting a lot of attention. I need to get a set for my Elantra and I haven't made the choice yet between these two.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 AM

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/snows.jsp

Here are the options

No doubt the blizzaks are always a favorite. They are also pricey

One thing is for sure.

Any winter tire is better than none.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 09:35 AM

Garage
17" snow tires

My issue has been with cost and availability. 17" snow tire are NOT cheap...$600-700+ just for the tires (not including tax, shipping, mounting, balancing, fees, TMPS etc). I'd like to get a set of 17" wheels just for winter but that adds a big chunk of change too. Looking for OEM 17" wheels to keep the look during winter.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 02:03 PM

I went with Michlen X Ice 3

I purchased 4 Michelin X Ice 3 in 16" size from the Tire Rack last November. I have been extremely happy with them. I find driving on very slippery roads gives me total control of my Elantra. I am amazed at the stability and ability to stop. It is almost like driving on dry pavement, well almost. A excellent purchase that adds tons to the safety of the car. I would highly recommend. I purchased the tire and wheel package so it will be a snap to change back to my Summer setup.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyM View Post
I purchased 4 Michelin X Ice 3 in 16" size from the Tire Rack last November. I have been extremely happy with them. I find driving on very slippery roads gives me total control of my Elantra. I am amazed at the stability and ability to stop. It is almost like driving on dry pavement, well almost. A excellent purchase that adds tons to the safety of the car. I would highly recommend. I purchased the tire and wheel package so it will be a snap to change back to my Summer setup.
Good to hear that. I know how good those X-Ice tires are, they offer great performance and will last you a while. I have a friend thats on his 5th season with them.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM

I have 7000 miles on mine. I've had it for a few weeks...it was the loaner at the dealer. I'm planning to run these 16" stockers the rest of the winter (in MN, USA) and summer (I hate to waste even the cheap tires...I'm thrifty sometimes) and get snow tires on them for next winter, then some lightweight 17's for the warmer months...unless my luck with money improves and I can do this sooner.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 09:43 PM

i have 2007 elantra and tried an off brand winter tire (pacemark brand) about 6-years ago. After about a 500 mile break-in the tire were very good in the snow and ice, saved alot using these tires. This past year i puchased the goodyear ice grip (?) for my 2013 from tire rack. They were on sale plus recieved a $50 gift card and these did fine also this past winter in new york. I will mount these on my new 2014 elantra using the factory rims from the 2013. Just remember it`s not a quiet ride but you get there w/o the white knuckle driving you get from regular tires
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 07:35 AM

Garage
I plan to get a 15" wheel/tire package from the TireRack using Goodyear Ultra Grip WRT tires this coming winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page