Good all-season tire? - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good all-season tire?

I have a new 2013 4 dr. The Hankook H426 tires are possibly the worst tires I've ever owned for snow or slippery surfaces. What would other uses recommend for a good, high mileage, quiet all-season tire. I do most of my driving on highways, and good fuel economy is important to me.

Much as I resent having to buy new tires for a 6 month old car, I don't think I have a choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 12:20 PM

Garage
Most, if not all, all season tires will not do that well in the snow or on ice. Rain and dry surfaces are really all they are meant for. With that said though, I think you could throw some drag slicks on there and get about the same snow performance as the factory tires, so anything is better. I alsways like to recomend Nitto's to people. they are great tires, but I've never had to deal with them in the snow, so I cant tell you if they will be any good there or not.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 11:55 AM

you can get winter rated all seasons that are in between all season and full on snows. They're not as capable obviously but you still get ice sipes and better compound for cold. I'd recommend Nokians TBH, really great shoes they make.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 01:22 PM

Anything Michelin or Goodyear will do. Just make sure you don't neglect them and let tire pressure run super low.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraFan View Post
Anything Michelin or Goodyear will do. Just make sure you don't neglect them and let tire pressure run super low.
My complaint with the OEM tires is road noise.
I've had good luck with Michelin MXV series tires.
Kind of pricey though.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

I'm actually looking at the goodyear advantage asymetric
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 AM

all seasons are the jack of all trades master of none

Not good for dry, wet, or snow

I usually burn them out and replace them with a set of good summer tires in the summer and winter tires in the winter.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 02:50 PM

I too, can complain about these stock tires. They are terrible and ride like horse and buggy. And also noisy. I'd rather see them make of use and be put on a children's playground then have them on my car. I am getting the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season plus 91H. Tire rack has good reviews for this tire and I have had Pirelli P-Zero Nero in the past. They were low profile tires for an 18" rim, but I trust the Cinturato will be a good tire for my 16" rims.

Jason
2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Grey
Manual Transmission
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 08:10 PM

Bought the Pirellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisiselantra View Post
I too, can complain about these stock tires. They are terrible and ride like horse and buggy. And also noisy. I'd rather see them make of use and be put on a children's playground then have them on my car. I am getting the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season plus 91H. Tire rack has good reviews for this tire and I have had Pirelli P-Zero Nero in the past. They were low profile tires for an 18" rim, but I trust the Cinturato will be a good tire for my 16" rims.

UPDATE:
I purchased these tires Thursday 4-24 (Tirerack.com) and they came in the next day. I had them mounted and balance on Saturday. Drove with them on the past 2 days and they are great. They are much better than the stock Hankook H426. It rained here today and they handled like glue on the road. I didn't try to be stupid or anything with them, I just noticed that they are pretty tied to the road. Less noise, more comfortable ride. The most thing I noticed was steering response, you barely turn the steeringwheel and the car moves. If you are looking to get better tires these are a great choice. Tirerack has surveys and reviews for these and they are promising. Then again just go by the reviews it has on their website, you can't go wrong with actual reviews from people whom have owned the tires.

Jason
2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Grey
Manual Transmission
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 12:42 PM

I found I was in the same predicament with the OE tires. It was a toss up between the Pirelli's and the Continental Extreme Contact DWS.... I went with the Conti's as they rated almost as high as the Pirelli's and a local shop carries them. Agreed, the H426 tires are just bad unless you're in Arizona.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page