Aggravated by no spare - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aggravated by no spare

Hello all. I have a 2016 SE and saw that it does not have the usual spare. Is there a kit or something that can be bought? Had thought of getting a wheel and then a normal tire, but I don't think it would fit in the underneath of the trunk.

"Excuse me, can you help me? I'm a spy!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 09:28 PM

Hey There,

Just went to Pull-A-Part today. Before I did though, I printed out a list of the Elantras and Sonatas that they had in stock. These include the rows they are found in.

My wife and I made it a Valentines Day date, she actually likes going there. We found quite a few choices in the 15" diameter that is used on my 17 Eco model. Looked and looked for a tire jack and as we were leaving, I asked why they were all gone from the vehicles? The clerk pointed to the other side of the aisle we were in. Lo and behold, piles of jacks with labels as to what model they belong to. I found what looked like a brand new Elantra jack and purchased it. So, in total it was about $20 and our time spent for a compact spare and jack. Oh, I also got some of the pkging, that usually holds the spares in place. I'll have to do a little modification to it, but it should work out just fine.

Good Luck and God Bless!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:04 AM

Garage
Hyundai dealers sell the spare tire package that includes everything you need. They didn't include it in those cars because they offered 24/7 free roadside assistance and figured nobody wanted to change their own tire instead of waiting for a tow truck. Also it helped with fuel economy. Not much, but when it's the difference between having to round down to 29 mpg's or round up to 30 you can guess which one looks better to consumers.

2017 Base+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page