2007 Elantra Transmission Filter? - Hyundai Elantra Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 05-19-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Ru4whell?

2007 Elantra Transmission Filter?

Is there a replaceable auto-transmission filter? I'm draining the ATF now, I see there is a pan that can be removed. I've seen conflicting information about the filter. My Haynes says the transmission has to be pulled out and taken apart to replace. I see normal looking filters and gaskets for sale on-line. What's the truth? Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-19-2017, 07:15 PM
SH@UN

Garage
Every automatic should have a filter under the little pan. You can pick up the filter and gasket at most part stores for pretty cheap. Make sure to clean the old gasket off good and torque all the bolts right after.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Ru4whell?

Found filter under the pan

So there is a transmission filter there! And it was very dirty along with the pan, and magnets. I ordered a filter for a A4CF2 transmission, On-line as these match the one I found under the pan. I had a time getting the pan to break free from the orange colored adhesive they used. I had to heat one corner with a heat gun to soften it before I could get under it with a puddy knife. Once I had it started it was easy to do the rest without heat. About 5 quarts of fluid came out. It holds 6.9 quarts. I bought 7 quarts of SP-III, so I think i'll drive it for a week, pull two quarts out of the dip stick and replace them with fresh ATF. It's not a full flush, but OK. Thanks.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-20-2017, 11:11 PM
SH@UN

Garage
Glad you got it
post #5 of 5 Old 05-29-2017, 04:58 PM
webbrowan

Makes sense to replace the filter every once in a while for better performance if you don't want to worry about problems in the future. It also looks very good to the insurance companies and prospective buyers in the future when they see how you take care of your car by making sure that the parts are all regularly maintained.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page